The ABZs of Face-to-face Networking
People like to do business with people they know and trust or with people referred to them by people they know and trust. Networking is the most effective, powerful and easiest way to start building those relationships. This engaging, practical and highly interactive workshop is led by the woman who knows face-to-face networking from A to Z and will show you how to do it strategically and systematically. It is far more than attending an event, shaking hands and talking to people. Itís attending the right events, managing the impression you make and conducting meaningful interactions that leave you memorable. Itís about increasing your targeted network of knob turners.
- Learn what face-to-face networking is Ö and isnít.
- Identify the importance social capital plays in building financial capital.
- Create your personal networking chain.
- Develop trust, the foundation on which relationships are built.
- Target your market to know which organizations to join and events to attend.
- Read people as soon as you meet them.
- Make a positive, professional first impression.
- Craft your all-important Verbal Business Card.
- Use the 10-minute Rule to Work an Event.
- Polish the art of conducting meaningful conversations so you remain memorable.
- Equip yourself with ask-for questions and listen-for answers.
- Discover commonalities.
- Follow up, follow up, follow up.
Executives, management, employees, entrepreneurs, professionals, sales teams, administrative assistants. Programs include some or all of the Learning Points depending on length and objectives.
About the Presenter
Lillian D. Bjorseth helps you build a new kind of wealth - social capital - by honing your face-to-face networking and communication skills. The Chicago Tribune calls her "a networking expert" and the Association Forum of Chicagoland calls her "the business networking authority". A Daily Herald columnist says she is “as successful a traditional networker as you will find.” She's the author of Breakthrough Networking: Building Relationships That Last (third edition), 52 Ways to Break the Ice & Target Your Market and the Nothing Happens Until We Communicate CD/workbook series. She's been honored three times by the National Speakers Association-IL Chapter including as Member of the Year. Red Carpet Concierge named her Outstanding Chicago Speaker. She's worked and played politics in corporate offices and built two businesses primarily on word-of-mouth. She knows what it takes professionally to be a winner. Contact Lillian to schedule your presentation!
© 2016. Lillian D. Bjorseth. Lisle IL
Click here to return to previous