What You Say Before You Speak
Although there are 86,400 seconds in a day, it takes only 10 (or fewer in this sound-byte society) to make a first impression. Your image, a combination of your appearance and behavior, has a language of its own. Because you are in charge of how you look and how you act, you also are in charge of your personal and business success. This lively, interactive, practical program shows you how clothing color, style and fit and posture, handshakes, eye contact and facial expressions are among ingredients that govern your professional presence. Participant comments include:
- “No one should go on a job interview until they’ve heard Lillian!”
- “I had no idea what importance color plays in my image.” (Male engineer)
Participants Will Learn to
- Increase self-confidence in myriad situations.
- Appear more professional and powerful.
- Be more approachable.
- Go from "better" to "best" in your chosen field .
- Assess why women can be more negatively impacted by "business casual."
- To stand and walk with confidence.
- Read and react to six popular handshakes.
- Avoid "fig leaf" posture.
- Stay out of other people’s space.
- Make appropriate eye contact.
Who Should Attend
Those climbing the ladder or wanting to, anyone recognizing the benefits of a confident aura inside and outside the office to further business and career success
About the Presenter
Lillian D. Bjorseth has been in the communication business since graduating from the University of Missouri School of Journalism. She’s helped tens of thousands of people nationwide hone good business writing, presentation, imaging, listening, marketing, relationship and confidence-building skills …and wants to help you, too! She’s the author of Breakthrough Networking: Building Relationships That Last (third edition), 52 Ways to Break the Ice & Target Your Market and the Nothing Happens Until We Communicate CD/workbook series. She was one of the first in the world to be certified as a DiSC® trainer by Inscape Publishing. She’s worked corporately in the hallowed halls and the trenches and maneuvered the entrepreneurial battlefield. She knows what it takes professionally to be successful. Contact Lillian to schedule your presentation!
©2016. Lillian D. Bjorseth. Lisle, IL
Click here to return to previous