To Catch Trout, Don’t go to a Catfish Pond
The days of cradle to grave security are over, and building relationships is your key to controlling your destiny. Networking, however, can be an incredibly time-consuming process unless you do it strategically. You need to create a relationship-building plan and set goals to meet your objectives. This involves determining your business/career focus, target market and where and how to meet them. It also requires you to have a creative, powerful Verbal Business Card and to be well versed in networking techniques. We customize this program to meet the needs of entrepreneurs as well as Fortune 100 sales and management employees.
Participants Will Learn to
- Create a written relationship-building plan.
- Determine your target market and where to find them.
- Choose clubs and organizations to join.
- Make a professional presence through appearance and behavior.
- Improve your people-reading skills.
- Develop your all-important Verbal Business Card.
- Design and use printed business cards wisely.
- Discover a commonality.
- Act like a host vs. a guest.
- Work an event effectively when multiple company employees attend.
- Get more bang for your buck when you buy a “company” table.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wants to improve her/his networking results internally and externally!
About the Presenter
Lillian D. Bjorseth helps you network strategically and systematically by honing your business development, communication and relationship-building skills. The Chicago Tribune calls her “a networking expert” and the Association Forum of Chicagoland calls her “the business networking authority.” She’s the author of Breakthrough Networking: Building Relationships That Last (third edition), 52 Ways to Break the Ice & Target Your Market and the Nothing Happens Until We Communicate CD/workbook series. She’s a contributing author to Masters of Networking. Her corporate experience includes AT&T where she trained top executives in media and communication skills. Contact Lillian to schedule your presentation!
© 2016. Lillian D. Bjorseth. Lisle IL
Click here to return to previous